Time for a Change
We can make Illinois prosperous and business friendly again. Illinois and Chicago have the resource and geographic advantage to attract many of the Fortune 500 corporations. The issues that I will be focusing on in Springfield are:
Reduce And Curve Rising Property Tax & Income Tax
- Illinois has the second highest property tax in the U.S. Only New Jersey, by a small margin, has the highest property tax
- Illinois just raised income tax from 3.75% to 4.95% on 7/1/17. Legislators are talking about raising the income tax again. Keep raising taxes is not a viable solution as more Illinoisans will leave the state. No one can afford to keep paying the ever rising taxes
Reduce wasteful governmental spending
- Illinois has too many layers of government which leads to duplicate services and waste. We need to reduce unnecessary layers and functions and be more efficient
- We have to reduce wasteful spending and cut the fat rather than looking to increase taxes
Sensible and meaningful pension reform
- We all know that the pension recipients did not cause the problems, but the politicians who over-promised and did not deliver. These politicians did not think through and were short-sighted when they made unfathomable promises.
- We need comprehensive review of the pension shortfall and determine options to deal with the problem
Term Limits For State Executive Branch & Legislative Offices
- We cannot let these career politicians ruin Illinois any longer. A fresh thinking, unbiased, and impartial people should have an opportunity to get elected and make sounds decisions in the government.
Fair, Impartial, and Sensible Redistricting
- The voters should be able to select their elected officials, NOT elected officials Gerry-mandering the district maps so that the voters will have no choice and their votes become meaningless
- A fair and simpler redistricting that keeps the cities and villages in one district rather than splitting a city or village into multiple districts